Our position in the community is of vital importance to us and we place great emphasis of the children understanding, and contributing to, the community beyond the school front door. Children are fascinated by the world in which they live and have a thirst to find out more about it, and are passionate about contributing to environmental issues and charitable projects. Our aim is to ensure that we develop projects and initiatives that enable our pupils to have an understanding of the world in which they live, beyond the school community and our Community & Partnership Coordinator fulfils the following objectives:
- To oversee the use of the Food Studio in the local community and to help facilitate outreach projects (in conjunction with the Food Technology Coordinator)
- To oversee the school’s contribution to local charities as part of the school house system and to identify other potential charitable opportunities
- To liaise with the relevant staff to develop our Arts Mark accreditation
- To promote and develop the work of our Eco Team and increase our contribution to the wider community both through school based projects and opportunities in the local area
- To liaise with other relevant staff to promote our contribution in the local community, in order to facilitate child based initiatives to the benefit of our residents.
Recently we organised a Week of the Woman initiative where children had mixed classes inspired by how women have shaped history. All lessons were themed around different inspirational women across a range of subjects such as female astronomers, artists, journalists, inventors and scientists, to name a few! The girls enjoyed panel discussions and an ambitions fair led by some of our parent body too.