A word from our caterers, CH&CO:
“Clarity and transparency are the focal point of our food philosophy and approach to a balanced diet. Fresh food has been at the heart of our service and we have constantly evolved our offer in line with new guidance on nutrition and healthy eating for children.
Our food is implicitly and intrinsically nutritious. Our focus is on the big picture of wellbeing and how diet impacts academic and physical performance, and how we feel about ourselves and our surroundings.
We have a crucial role to play in protecting the planet for future generations. We are very proud of our three-star accreditation from the Sustainable Restaurant Association (SRA) who believe that every meal served out of home should not only taste good but do good too. By providing consultancy, training and industry leading benchmarking to the food service sector, the SRA helps us to make that happen. The SRA works with progressive businesses that see this opportunity to do more than just feed.
The sustainable business rating is based on 10 key areas that consider society, sourcing, and environmental practices.
- Using local and seasonal produce to support British business, reducing haulage costs and the environmental impact of transport.
- Increasing the proportion of veg-led dishes on menus to combat environmental damage and purchase high welfare meat and dairy products.
- Serving sustainably caught fish to ensure the future of fish stocks and marine environments
- Sourcing fairly traded produce to ensure farmers in the developing world have access to a trade system based on justice and fairness.
- Providing equal opportunities, training and clear policies to keep employees happy and productive.
- Engaging with the local community, with schools and charities to support the people supporting us. (Hospitality Action, Springboard Charity, Prince’s Trust)
- Offering balanced menu options, reasonable portions and healthy options to cater for the children’s needs.
- Improving energy efficiency to save resources, protect the environment and manage water usage to save money and reduce environmental impact.
- Waste no food by monitoring, managing and innovating to reduce food waste.
- Reduce, Reuse, Recycle. Managing what comes in and goes out of our business to reduce food and plastic waste.”